ABOUT THE PRINCIPALITY OF SEBORGA
SEBORGA is rich in history, which dates back to late tenth century and has fascinated travellers for centuries. The feud of SEBORGA dates back as early as 954. British Historian’s consider SEBORGA the first constitutional monarchy of the world. Experts of international law agree that the Principality of SEBORGA cannot be considered part of the Italian Republic.
In view of their particular situation, the people of SEBORGA elected in 1963 their Prince- Giorgio I and in 2010 Prince Marcello I, just as the monks elected their abbot in the past. The Principality of SEBORGA has a worldwide network with representation offices and is well known internationally.
- 500 Meter above sea level
- Located in Liguria, Italy’s famous Flower Riviera, close to the French border.
- A10 highway, exit Bordighera.
- Aprox. 40km from Nice International Airport and 25km from the Principality of Monaco.
- Territory of 14 km2
- Panoramic view, over the snow-capped peaks of the Maritime Alps, the Italian & French Riviera and Monte Carlo.
- Olives, vines and citrus trees dominate the hillsides.
- Mild climate.
- Winters are rainier than the summers
- Average annual temperature is 13,4 °C.
- Traditional specialty dish is rabbit and goat.
- Main Business is tourism, Olive Oil and flowers