Founding Shareholders: Signature Group & McDonald Partners
Auberge Resorts Collection Lindner Group
LW Design Group
▪ The Signature group is a strategic growth investor with a clear focus on emerging markets such as Africa, Emerging Europe and India across select core sectors such as, mixed use real estate development, renewable energy, agriculture support services and infrastructure.
▪ Signature’s business model consists of sourcing & structuring projects, providing seed capital, and putting together the financing and project implementation consortium with an aim to maximizing value for all stakeholders.
▪ The group has established strong strategic partnerships with leading industry experts across various sectors and enjoys strong institutional relationships with government organisations, key corporates and financing groups across India, Middle East and Africa.
▪ Approximately US$500 million in on-going real estate projects across Africa and India.
▪ Founded by Thomas McDonald, McDonald Partners LLC, with 53 employees, is a financial investment advisory firm headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with offices in Ann Arbor, Chicago, and Maumee) managing over $2 billion of AUM
▪ From business planning to personal financial planning and investment strategies, McDonald Partners consultative approach allows them to create a customized plan based on individual client’s financial goals.
▪ The firm has a strategic alliance with Wells Fargo, allowing its 500+ clients to access a vast suite of investment products
▪ McDonald Partners’ talented and diverse team of financial experts represents a group of experienced business leaders.
Overview of Auberge Resorts & Hotels
A privately held company headquartered in Mill Valley, California, Auberge Resorts Collection manages nine properties in the United States, Mexico, the Caribbean and Fiji. The founding owners, the Harmon Family, have a 30-year track record as developers and managers of world- class resorts, hotels and real estate. Since opening its flagship resort, Auberge du Soleil (Napa), in 1981, the Harmon family and its executive team have led Auberge’s growth to encompass resort acquisitions, development, real estate and residence clubs.
The Auberge brand encompasses a mixture of world-class luxury and intuitive, gracious service which attracts the A+ clientele (30% are repeat customers) whose average daily spend is $3,200 and 63% of whose annual income is at least $250,000.
In 2013, Friedkin Capital Partners teamed with the Harmon Family by investing in the company with the view to expand the brand globally: nine properties are projected to open over the next five years in Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Hawaii, Napa Valley, Sun Valley (Idaho), Los Cabos and Punta Mita, Mexico, and Montenegro. Craig Reid, formerly President of Hotel Operations, Americas with the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, where his tenure spanned more than three decades, is leading the Auberge’s management team as its President and CEO since 2014.
With its new ownership structure and strong management team, Auberge is seeking to double its current nine property portfolio to 18
hotel/residence properties worldwide by 2020, with Auberge Montenegro as their cornerstone European project.
Auberge Current Property Portfolio
A PLACE AT THE TOP : THE COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Uniquely positioned brand that owns its market niche.
- Limited competitive set.
- Thirty years of history and experience
- Careful selection of portfolio destinations
- Superior operating characteristics, management and profitability
- A flexible growth formula that is distinct from large operators and yields consistent high rates
OUTPERFORMING THE COMPETITION, YEAR AFTER YEAR
- Committed to five-star-plus service that exceeds the competitive set.
- Staff members exceptionally well trained and familiar with the resorts where they are employed and with other properties in the Auberge portfolio.
- Auberge maintains a codified manual of benchmarks for operational excellence property-wise and enterprise-wise, from fundamentals of customer service to detailed functional specifics.
REVPAR AND ADR
▪ Nurturing and indulgence at every sensory level and point of contact
▪ Facilities and ambience that embody the parent resort’s understated opulence, combined with meticulous interpretation of the local surroundings
AUBERGE RESORTS COLLECTION GUESTS
30% are repeat guests
AVERAGE SPEND PER DAY
35 – 64 79.2%
35 – 44 25.5%
45 – 54 30.6%
55 – 64 23.1%
ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME*
63% earn over $250,000
36% $500,000 +
13% $350,000 – $499,999
14% $250,000 – $349,999
* U.S. DOLLARS
AUBERGE RESORTS GUEST DATA 2013
AUBERGE STRENGTHS IN THE RESIDENCES CATEGORY
▪ Market leader in price per square foot sold for Residential Real Estate
▪ Over 30 years of HOA management experience
▪ Proven ability to convert guests to owners
▪ Over 50% of real estate buyers originated as an Auberge hotel guest
▪ Robust rental program will deliver incremental profit
▪ Auberge Branded Real Estate garners a premium price of 20% above market
Auberge Residences at Esperanza
The Lodges at Calistoga Ranch
Auberge Residences at Element 52
Auberge Residences at Pronghorn
The Lindner Group is Europe’s leading company for interior fit-out, facade construction and insulation engineering with 50 years experience in ‘Building New Solutions’, the development and implementation of individual, high-quality project solutions.
With a workforce of 6,000 worldwide, Lindner manages production plants and subsidiary companies in more than 20 countries from its head office in Arnstorf, Germany. Since it was set up in 1965 by Hans Lindner, his aspiration has been to offer clients the seamless construction of an entire building. Today, ‘Concepts – Products – Service’ makes up the most comprehensive range on the market to meet all possible project requirements.
The Sponsor has established a personal relationship with Mr. Lindner who has agreed
to provide the project with € 25m of construction financing at 4% interest rate (p.a.).
• Advice on construction, function, material selection and building physics
• Development of project-specific solutions
• Construction of prototypes and samples
• Detailed planning in close collaboration with our clients
• Preparation of manufacturing drawings and detailed drawings
• Creation of exact schedules
• Industrial production supervised by trained professionals
• Large percentage of in-house manufacturing (two wood manufacturing plants with more than 100 employees)
• Production network with other companies within the Lindner Group
• Project managers with vast experience in large projects provide on-site support
• Control of quality, budget and schedules throughout the whole project
Seven hotels up to now – the hotel group Falkensteiner Hotels & Residences has commissioned Lindner Group to do customised built-in furniture and complete fit-out packages for rooms and public areas – currently for the Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad.
Every hotel follows its unique interior design, its proper character. Great importance was attached to a precious material mix and a detailed and appealing design. The credo “Inspiring, innovative and individual.” reflects in all hotels. All diverse special-purpose constructions and customised fittings were manufactured by Lindner in its own joinery of the subsidiary Lindner Mobilier s.r.o. which is based in Slovakia.
Lindner Group was commissioned to build the prestigious Sofia Business Park. The construction of Business Park Sofia started in 2001 and was developed in three stages: 2001 – 2002, 2003 – 2005, 2006 – 2007. It has been the biggest project in the field of real estate in Bulgaria so far. At its accomplishment in the year 2007 the area developed by Lindner comprises 14 multifunctional buildings that form the heart of the complex.
There are further 21 corporate buildings belonging to other investors, the biggest of them being BMW, Technopolis, Como, Cinema Arena. Lindner and Business Park Sofia EOOD were awarded the first class investment certificate of the Bulgarian Investment Agency for the investments in the Business Park Sofia project.
▪ Mace employs over 4,600 people in 70+ countries and has a turnover of £1.49bn. It is an international consultancy and construction company, offering integrated services across the full property and infrastructure life cycle.
▪ The company provides a comprehensive range of project management services on an international level and has wide experience and expertise in such fields, having worked on major projects in Montenegro itself, including Porto Montenegro.
▪ Its experts in programme and project management, cost consultancy, construction delivery, and facilities management aim to constantly striving to find better solutions to complex infrastructure and property challenges.
▪ Mace is the appointed project consultant for cost validations and other technical services and have agreed in principle to be the construction manager for the Auberge Montenegro project.
▪ Mace works across 70 countries from our five strategic hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, the Americas, Asia Pacific and Sub- Sahara Africa. Sectors of work include – private; public; infrastructure; investment; arts and culture; commercial offices; education; Energy and utilities; health and social care; hotels, leisure and sport; public estates; regeneration; residential; retail; science and technology.
▪ The Shard
▪ Port Baku Residence
▪ Emirates Air Line
▪ Porto Montenegro
▪ Seed Cathedral
▪ Café Royal
▪ London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
Middle East Projects
▪ Jumeirah Beach Residence
▪ Al Bahr Towers
▪ Al Ain Wildlife Park and Resort
▪ Fairmont The Palm
▪ Mall of the Emirates
▪ Victory Heights
▪ Sheikh Zayed Cricket Ground
Middle East Projects (continued)
▪ Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company
▪ Starwood Aloft Hotel
▪ Arcapita Bank Headquarters
▪ Mohammed Bin Rashid City District One
▪ Dubai Marina
▪ Standard Chartered Bank
▪ Bahrain Bay
▪ Riffa Views International School
LW DESIGN GROUP
▪ LW Design Group was established In 1999 as an interior design consultancy. The firm’s first major hospitality project was Abu Dhabi’s Rotana Beach Hotel in 2000, closely followed by the Emirates Golf Club.
▪ The firm has a staff of over 80 people based in the Design House in Dubai and an architectural office that has been operating in Auckland since 2007. LW Design Group is made up of individual specialists in the fields of interior design, architecture, structural and mechanical engineering, FF&E and commercial kitchen design. Renowned for its recognizable design, functional space planning and contemporary style, LW Design Group is today one of the premier commercial design firms.
▪ Its portfolio encompasses 60 hotels and 200 restaurants and bars to date, counting some of the world’s top brands among its client list, including Accor, Starwood, Le Méridien, Rotana Group, Raffles, Hyatt, Emirates Airlines and Jumeirah International.